Transform your data in Power Query
1. Automate manual data prep and ensure your tables are transformed and optimized for your report!
Data transformation is essential to building an effective reporting solution. With just clicks of the mouse we will import raw data and automate the steps necessary to clean and structure the tables used in the model.
Build an efficient star schema model
2. Connect to different data sources and ensure your report is leveraging the strength and integrity of the star schema for maximum performance.
Data Modeling allows us to relate and connect our tables from different source systems including Excel. By following modeling best practices, we learn how to leverage the performance of the Star Schema to improve both speed and accuracy of our insights.
Write DAX with confidence!
3. DAX is the magic behind custom reporting. This course spends four sessions focused on helping students learn evaluation context and write DAX functions with confidence.
DAX is both a functional as well as a query language. Efficient and accurate DAX calculations depend on a solid understanding of how functions and the data model work together. We’ll spend ample time gaining confidence in DAX by working through many practical examples.
Each cell or point from the Report visuals have a specific view of the filtered model. Different filtered views under filter context allow one measure to return correct results over many reporting elements in a visual.
Build interactive report visualizations
4. Report Design using meaningful visuals and user driven features help us better support a meaningful data story.
Build your report in a way that helps your users better navigate, follow the story, and act on valuable insights. Learn to customize themes, organize visuals, and give users full control over a user-friendly interactive experience.
Share securely in the Service
5. Publish and share engaging reports with Analysts and Stakeholders that promote collaboration and help people work and act with confidence!
Learn to share reports through the Microsoft cloud Service. Set different user access roles and schedule automatic updates to ensure our users see up to date information.
By working through the five foundations, we’ll gain the skills necessary to collaborate and empower others in our organization to turn data into direction.